Sunday, December 21, 2014

Addicted

I looked around at other blogs to see what I should do for a first post(jump right into it or do an introduction). It was about half and half.  I thought about doing an intro post with an about me and all that fancy stuff but I didn't want to bore my readers either. I mean people don't come to this blog to read about me. They will probably come for the content first, especially if I am appealing to a reading audience. So without further ado I will get on with my daily paragraph.

Today I am pulling from a random subject generator on the site Writing Exercises.

I clicked a few times until I found one I like that I could write about. It also seemed strangely appropriate seeing as how I am starting this to fulfill a challenge on a site called HabitRPG.

"What are you addicted to? How does it affect your life?"
Im addicted to games. Video games specifically. I would probably be addicted to board or card games if I had more friends to play them with. My boyfriend and I play an MMO called Vindictus. It is an excellent game and so far removed from the more traditional mmos out there. I also play an mmo called Tera:Rising, it is more popular so you have probably heard of it.

Now if you play video games or more specifically mmos, you will notice how much work they require you to put it to get worthwhile things out of it.  Especially at high levels. It almost seems like you are working at a part time job on the side just to be able to stay at a decent level in the game. Free to play mmos are even worse at this. You put in huge amounts of time for little to no reward and you like it. It demands my time. I schedule around this game. My boyfriend and I have cancelled plans because of this game. This free to play game also costs us money. Now we dont go as far as spending hundreds of dollars a month on outfits and tattoos but we have put a couple hundred into it in the last 3 years. We worked hard for that 25 million gold scroll and if it doesnt work it will blow up my 100 million gold weapon which I have had to work towards for about 4 months,, so we spend out money on a rune that protects my time investments in this game. Other ways that it affects my life are the act that I put off chores to play it more. Its not something I like you know? I do like a clean house but it has been put on the back burner. I am working to fix this now. I still like to have a few hours a night to play and would love to be able to get on and chat with friends but I need to learn priorities. My chores are daily quests, my job is my story quest and the game is a side quest. Now to just put that in practice.

Another paragraph tomorrow. If you would like to see anything specific comment or contact me and I will keep it in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment